- » Organisational Development
- » What is O.D ?
- » What are the benefits?
- » Defining Good Practice
- » Our OD Framework
- » Change Competence
- » Coaching Skills
- » Public Sector Coaching
- » Collaborative Behaviours
- » Organisational Culture
- » Service Improvement
- » Leadership & Management
- » TCOE Internship Programme
Tayside Public Sector Coaching Alliance
The vision of the Tayside Public Sector Coaching Alliance is to create and implement a cohesive partnership approach to sharing resources in the provision of coaching as a focussed development intervention.
The Partners to this alliance are:
Perth & Kinross Council
Dundee City Council
Underpinning this vision is an understood desire on behalf of the partners to the alliance to create a culture within each organisation where coaching is the predominant style of leading, managing and working together. This involves a commitment to grow the organisation and the people within the organisation.
Each partner organisation enters the relationship with positive intent and a commitment to work together to ensure:
- Coaching is linked to strategic goals and integrated with the individual organisations’ systems and processes
- Coaching is focussed on achieving business objectives, through individual, team and whole system commitment, empowerment and enhanced performance
- Best practice in coaching is implemented across the public sector in Tayside
- Appropriate sharing of resources to ensure best value and return on investment
The Development Journey
The early work of the project team has been focussed on the development of a joint understanding of what it means to develop a coaching culture and agreement on the core components of a multi-faceted approach to this.
For clarity of purpose and the understanding of the wider population in the partner organisations we have agreed the following:
Our Definition of Coaching
“Coaching is a solution-focussed, results-orientated development intervention that supports individuals, as part of a team and of the organisation to achieve improved personal contribution, business performance and operational effectiveness.”
And coaching activities are underpinned by the following philosophy
“Coaching is a mainstream leadership skill that can have a profound impact on the overall performance of an organisation.”